Tuesday, December 9, 2008

First post. Ahh, smells good!


So this is my first post of my first ever real blog! I'm pretty excited. I'm glad I finally have all this working out for me.

Well, I just got back from my trip up to NYC to work with Alex who is from the Ukraine, but here in the states on business, and to shoot a little.

Mike and I drove up to NJ and stayed with a friend Saturday night, got up and gone on the train in the morning, since I was way too scared to drive into Manhattan. I love my simply small cities in the good ol south, haha.

We had a hard time at the beginning since we were ill-informed and thought the NJ Transit went into Grand Central. But it was okay, we just took it to Penn Station, and walked to Grand Central from there. Mike was really excited and it took us a little longer than expected to walk there, cause he stopped and took so many photos. Haha.

We got up though, and took the subway to Roosevelt Island. We got messed up on the subway only ONCE, and that was amazing to me, I was a little worried, a foreign guy and two kids from the south trying to figure out the subway system. But it was a lot easier than I thought.

Mike took the photo of me while we were on the subway, sitting next to Alex.

We eventually got to our destination, walked around a little, it was freezing! And found some really pretty nooks and corners on Roosevelt Island. We shot, I was freezing cold, surprisingly I'm not sick yet.

I made Alex say "vodka" atleast a few times while we were shooting, cause with his accent, it was too funny!

We split up eventually, Mike and I went to Times Square, got some coffee, and ventured off to find the big Christmas tree and the ice skating rink. We found it, watched some people fall for a little while, and headed back to the train.

It was a fun trip and definitely worth bearing through the freezing weather.

Hopefully will be making another trip up there soon. Also trying to figure out trips to Philadelphia, New Hampshire, and Buffalo ontop of NYC. 2009 looks like it's going to be a great year.

No comments: